Details about arrival and dismissal under the hybrid plan are forthcoming. Stay tuned for updates.
Arriving at Bates
Kindergarteners and 1st Graders meet on the front playground
2nd - 5th Graders meet on the back playground
If using the car line, please drop children off in the circle directly in front of the main entrance.
DO NOT drop children off on the red brick portion of the car line.
Please remember that the car line is a MOVING car line. Children must be able to exit the car and shut the door themselves. Parents should remain in the car.
DO NOT drop children off in the back parking lot from your car.
If your child arrives after 8:35, please remind them to check in at the main office. This helps in accurately reflecting our attendance and helping students locate their classes.
If you have a meeting at Bates, please drop your children off in car line FIRST, then proceed to park in the lot
Orange flags indicate bad weather and children will line up inside.
Please follow these rules when using the car line:
Enter the carline from Westgate Road - in order to alleviate traffic on Elmwood Rd during dismissal, please use Pilgrim Road to Westgate in order to line up.
DO NOT take a left into the circle in front of Bates - again, please use Pilgrim to Westgate.
Please DO NOT IDLE your engine while waiting in car line before it starts to move.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK and leave your car in the line - it is meant to be a fluid line. This includes parking up on the Westgate portion of the line. Parked cars within this line create more traffic safety concerns and slow down the movement of the car line.
Katharine Lee Bates Elementary is now using a web application called PickUp Patrol to help us better manage our dismissal process and make it easier for you to make changes to your children’s dismissal plans.
Previously you may have written a note or made a phone call to the office to let us know about a dismissal change. For example, Katie is getting picked up instead of taking the bus, or Tom is staying after for an activity. Now, you’ll use PickUp Patrol from your smartphone or computer and submit the changes there.
PickUp Patrol is:
Convenient: Make changes days, weeks, or months in advance.
Automated: Reduces classroom interruptions and accurately tracks who’s going where.
Safe and Secure: Student information is protected and the program is administered by our own school staff.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
2. CONFIRM YOUR CHILD’S REGULAR DAILY DISMISSAL PLANS so that we can accurately dismiss your children.
3. ADD PICKUP PATROL TO YOUR PHONE’S HOME SCREEN
The PickUp Patrol app IS NOT accessed through the app stores. After you have registered, login at https://app.pickuppatrol.net/parents and add the link to your home screen.
If you need help with how to do this, click HERE.
ALL plan changes should be submitted through PickUp Patrol by 2 pm on the same day
The PickUp Patrol web app is free for parents. If you have any questions, contact Katharine Lee Bates Elementary at email@example.com or 781-446-6260 .
There are 3 ways to dismiss children after school:
1) Pick up at the classroom - ALL Kindergarteners and 1st graders must be picked up at their classroom by a designated adult unless they are in car line or after school club. .
2) "Walkers" - Second grade students will be guided by their teachers towards the main lobby doors but will not necessarily be "handed off" to families. Remaining older grade students (3-5) will be dismissed on their own.
3) Car Line - Students must let their teachers know at the start of the day if they are using car line. Car line and bus students are organized inside the gym at 3pm. Cars line up on the north side of Elmwood Road starting in the circle. The line extends up the brick portion of the street and continues onto Westgate and Stanford, if needed . Cars should NOT park on the left side of Westgate (facing north) as this interferes with the car line. A Bates staff member will approach the cars with a walkie talkie. Please provide the name of your child and any others you are taking home.